Friday 1 August 2008

Light

Retreat lets in the light, light on the awful, destructive absurdity of the way I carry on, the way a lot of us carry on, the abuse of body, heart/mind and environment.

I read this while I was away:

The most insidious form of fear is that which masquerades as common sense or even wisdom, condemning as foolish, reckless, insignificant or futile the small daily acts of courage which help to preserve a person's self-respect and inherent human dignity.
Aung San Suu Kyi

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the quote. Take courage, Jean, and be good to yourself.

Beth said...

A quote I needed to read today. Thank you...now I'm going to send it to a friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your blog through Dale's.

The sentiment of the quote fills me up, keeps me in a good place. Beautiful photo too.

Zhoen said...

Be brave, little blogger, be brave.

Dale said...

:-) Wonderful. thank you.

Rosie said...

((((o))))

Lucy said...

Courage, Jean.