Friday 25 September 2009

Dream yoga


Woke at 5 today, then fell briefly asleep again and woke remembering my dream. It was a lovely one, of reuniting in happiness and complicity with an old friend from long ago (we were divided by love of the same man, though we tried hard, like the right-on little feminists we were, not to let it divide us). In the way of dreams, it was both the past and the present - her kids, now in their thirties, were small, but we spoke poignantly of the days when they were young all those years ago. This is a truth of dreams, isn't it? Both past and present are in us here and now. I don't have, or least don't remember, happy dreams. For years and years, not a single one. No exaggeration. Always the same tedious variations on being reviled and excluded, interspersed with the ones of feeling scared and guilty because I'm very late for something. How weird, then, to wake on this Friday morning of a horribly tiring and stressful week with a heart warmed by feelings of reconciliation and completion.

10 comments:

Zhoen said...

(o)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a happy dream--and lovely photo.

Planethalder said...

I love that liminal dreaming state of dawn...

Dale said...

Oh, how lovely! xoxo

I wish we could come at night and guard the gates for you. There must be many and many good dreams crowded away at the door.

mqh said...

So happy for you that your day started so beautifully. I love that photo, I see an image of a woman in a book or magazine. Is the other one the person sitting there? I looks like they could both be part of one painting. You do such interesting phetos, Jean.

20th Century Woman said...

That was indeed a lovely dream. About now I could use one of those.

marja-leena said...

Oops, my identity seems to have somehow changed to 'mqh' now. With all those typos, maybe I should remain anonymous.

Rosie said...

yes... how lovely

Jean said...

Marja-Leena, it's all the book cover, except my leg :-)

leslee said...

That is lovely.