Friday 18 January 2008

The end of a path

I just found out that Michael died earlier this week.

It's a very odd thing to know someone through their blog and then to know the blog's still there but it's author has gone. I'll never forget the spirit of this man that I met in his honest words, his poetry and his wonderful photographs. He was younger than me. Just like Julia was. And brave and talented, just like she was.Yes, what an odd thing this is. May your spirit rest in peace, Michael. May your cats find love in their new home.

Here is his last blog post.

Michael was a copy editor on a daily newspaper. They published this obituary.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post, Jean.

Zhoen said...

I'm sorry for your loss.

Mike Cross said...

Thank you, Jean.

jo(e) said...

I'll miss him too.

I've read his blog and followed his journey for a couple of years.

justin said...

A marvellous obit, written by a good friend. Another sad loss.

Anonymous said...

How terribly sad.

That was a wonderful obituary, however.